Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things..."

We swore in today! I am now an official Peace Corps volunteer. Yesterday a few of us volunteers were bored so we wrote a song about our PST (pre-service training) experience. Enjoy!

Sung to the tune of "My Favorite Things" by Julie Andrews:

Raindrops in my room, I hate my tin roof.
I pee in a bucket and you can too .
Tampered packages might arrive in spring.
These are a few of my favorite things.

Braying donkeys, ke kopa lipompom.*
Tea time and cookies, I fell in a donga.*
At sunrise I shiver in my drafty latrine.
These are a few of my favorite things.

When the dogs bite,
When the cocks crow,
When they call my fat,
I simply remember I'm in Lesotho, and then I don't feel so bad.

Time has no meaning we ema outside freezing.*
Music in kombis leaves my ears bleeding.*
Bitter PCVs why don't you just leave?
These are a few of my favorite things.

Aggravated assault; I just lost my teeth.*
Always use the bridge, no wait, never use the bridge.*
Papa, moroho and MSG--
These are a few of my favorite things!

Ample Leg Hair.
Bucket Bathing.
My Butt's never Clean.*
I simply remember that boxed wine is cheap, and then I don't feel so bad!

Hahah! Sometimes we get crazy when we're bored. :) The asterisks above will eventually be footnotes, but I'm too lazy to figure out how to do that in HTML. Email me if you have any questions or news! I leave for Qacha's Nek tomorrow morning at 5am via kombi!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow teen! you should make a CD! Hope Qachas Nek is going good! I love!!

Mike Bohley said...

hahaha very nice, you are a song writer/humanitarian now, i might as well start calling you bono