Thursday, June 11, 2009

New Country = New Blog

It just didn't feel right telling about my Mozambique experiences under my Lesotho blog so I've created a new one. I will be in Moz for almost 5 weeks. I will be traveling to the following areas of the country (making my way north):
1. Maputo
2. Tofo (Inhambane)
3. Vilankulos
4. Xai-Xai
5. Beira
6. Pemba

I'll be traveling with friends for the first 2 weeks, then heading out on my own to visit PCVs in Mozambique and then attending the Tambo International Art Camp in Pemba. I don't have much planned, and I'm really not sure what to expect at the "Art Camp", but I'm pretty sure it will be amazing. :)

My itinerary is as follows:
-lay on the beach
-read on the beach
-lay in a hammock
-drink cocktails with tiny umbrellas
-eat fresh seafood
-find "African fabric" for Grandma
-learn a little Portuguese

I'm a bit concerned about the last 2 on the list, but I think I can swing it. I leave for Jo'burg on Thursday, then taking the bus to Maputo Friday morning... can't wait!

2 comments:

Jess said...

sounds like one hell of a plan!

Jess said...

ps- i may or may not be stalking you ... but what day is your flight back to CA? i know i won't see you that day but i want to mark it on my calendar :)